Primark Holler & Glow Sheet Mask Review


Hey everyone! I hope you all had a lovely start to the year, I know I’ve been a little absent from the blog lately so I thought I’d kick start a return to regular blogging with a review! Why not ay?

So this review is for the Holler & Glow facemask from Primark, that I was actually gifted by my lovely boyfriend’s lovely mum, as part of my Christmas presents. To start, I absolutely love the packaging of this face mask. It’s really nice and girly, fresh and modern. I was actually really quite surprised when I looked it up and found out it was from Primark - not that I hate Primark (infact the opposite) but it really does look like a high quality professional face mask rather than a high street face mask.



When I tried the mask on, I went in the bath, let my skin steam and little and allowed my pores to open, and then as soon as I was out the bath I applied the facemask. 

First impressions of the face mask: 

When I first opened the packaging I found that it didn’t have a very strong smell, which to be honest I’m quite happy about. It has a slight perfumed smell but you can’t smell it at all when the mask is applied to your face. I have really sensitive skin and I find that especially when I’m using a facemask after I’ve opened my pores with steam or heat etc, strong scents tend to irritate my skin a lot, sometimes to the point where I have to take the mask off within a few minutes because the perfume is too much for my skin. 


Now for the actual mask, when you open the packaging the sheet mask is folded up inside, and covered in .. for lack of a better word.. goo? 
The hydrating liquid the mask is packaged in is very slimey, which I suppose is a good thing? For a face mask? Although I’d maybe tone it down a little as even when I took the mask out the packaging, the packaging was still full of goo. - although I suppose this could be helpful if you wanted to reuse the mask as it keeps it hydrated. 
I was a little worried about how fragile the mask seems, when unfolding it I found it really hard not to tear the mask, as it’s a little hard to unfold amongst all the goo, got to be careful.



The mask itself was a little bit small for my face, the mask is quite large but the eyeholes are a little too close for my face (maybe I’ve just got a weird face?) so I found that I had to keep adjusting the mask to keep the edges of the eyeholes out of my eyes, as well as having to fold the edges of the mask so it didn’t rest all it’s glorious goo on my hair. 

All in all though the mask wasn’t too awkward, and if I had laid down and relaxed with my eyes closed in the bath for example, I wouldn’t have minded about the size or eyeholes. 

Normally, my skin is really sensitive and tends to tingle or sting when I’m using a sheet mask due to the strong perfume or chemicals. However with this mask it was just really nice and cooling, it did feel hydrating while I had it on, although it didn’t solve my current issues of dry skin from the cold, but it’s not a miracle worker so I wasn’t expecting all my skin problems to be solved with one use. 

All in all, not a bad little facemask! I found that it was waaaay better than a lot of the single use sheet masks that I have tried previously from Superdrug, Morrisons, etc, in regards to being a lot less harsh on my skin, and not being overperfumed like most sheet masks these days. 

I wouldn’t die without this mask, but I would probably pop it in my basket next time I’m shopping in Primark. I think it’s worth the money (even if I didn’t pay for it!) and I’d definitely choose this one mask, over loads of 99p sheet masks, next time I want a girly night in. 

Hope this review was helpful for you lovelies! Happy February! 

Share:

0 comments