Makeup Haul! | East Midlands Designer Outlet


This past weekend me and Jack fancied a little shopping trip, and headed out to East Midland’s designer outlet, just off the M1. It’s not too far from us and it’s a great place to get good deals and find some interesting stock you don’t see in normal stores.

We went to a similar outlet near Castleford near Christmas last year and it was amazing with all the lights.




I went to one of the cheap beauty shops at the outlet and was really surprised at the choice - and how busy it was. It was heaving, I could barely walk through the shop, but I suppose that's what you get for going there on a sunny saturday.
There was loads of choice in the shop, from skin products to makeup to nail varnish, you're bound to find something you like. I chose these products:


  • Technic Stroke Kit
  • W7 HD 12 hour foundation
  • Technic Trendsetter Eyeshadow Palette
  • NYX Matte Lipstick in 'Daydream Reverie'
  • NYX Gloss in 'Golden Prune'
  • Hair ties







When I saw the colour of this lipstick I straight away wanted to get it! I'm a sucker for a nice natural coral colour and this one is great, the lipstick itself is quite nice and moisturising, its not too dry on the lips like I find a lot of my MAC lipsticks are. The colour is really nice, maybe a tad light for my skin tone, but I just make sure that its blended nicely onto my lips. I think if I was to want a crisp sharp lip line I'd maybe have to find a slightly darker coral to fit my skin tone.



I had the same 'aaaa' moment upon seeing this amazing gloss, it's sheer but has a lovely gold reflect that just reminds me of christmas... red and gold is always a good combo and its definitely one of my favourites.




I also got my hands on this strobe kit, which is a fab little product for only a couple of pounds. I find it's a bit difficult to use as the cream side doesn't sit very well on top of my foundation, so I would probably wear this without foundation or as an eye highlight.




I also got this awesome palette, it's got a good variety of shades, plenty for me to have a play around with. I particularly loved the brights in this palette, the yellow, blue and green. The swatches I took looked very pigmented and I can't wait to have a go with some new eye looks. I had a practice today using the pink shades in this palette and they sit so lovely, I didn't do a very complicated look, just blended them out over my lids, I'm really happy with the colour.















Share:

0 comments