Makeup Haul & Review | Benefit Roller Lash & MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation



I've been waiting so long for a new mascara its unreal, my lashes have felt like little boy lashes for weeks now and I've been itching to try a new mascara. So imagine how thrilled I was when this came through the post this morning!

I've been wanting to try this specific mascara for a while now, I love benefit products but I don't really own many at all. I managed to get this one for quite a bargain, as I *think* this is quite old now.
I got it on ebay for £2.79!! With free postage too! I'd definitely recommend taking advantage of that if you're in the market for a new mascara.

So my first impression of this mascara are great, when I first saw how small the end of the wand was, I was thinking it could be too small to get a lot of product, but once I used it I really loved it. The small size really helps the mascara not to become clumpy and deposit too much product in one place. It gets a good amount of product and I really loved how it looked on my lashes.

I also really LOVE the packaging for this product, it's so girly and fun, and I like how the mascara itself is nicely designed, so it's not just plain when unpackaged.


Now onto the MAC studio fix foundation. This isn't the first time I've used this product, I actually used to buy it religiously as a teenager and it's still one of my favourite foundations. It looks really sleek in a minimal glass bottle, and you do get a fair amount of product for the price. This is usually around £25 new from the MAC site, but I bought mine on eBay for £9.85!

I feel like there's a good range of shade in this foundation, although I don't buy the darker shades so I'm not too sure on that side of the scale, but I like how you can easily mix shades to get slightly lighter or darker (great for navigating fake tan). The coverage is buildable and matte, and I like how it doesn't crease or flake when you do apply it a bit thicker to cover blemishes.

The only thing that annoys me a little about the MAC foundation is that since it's a glass bottle you can't squeeze it or cut the end off to get those last bits of product, you just have to leave it sat upside down or try and get a small brush if you want the product at the bottom (and you do end up throwing away quite a lot of product that gets stuck in the bottle due to the small hole).

Overall, I really do rate both these products highly, especially the foundation as it is tried and tested for years by teen me.

What are some of your favourite mascaras or foundations? Any recommendations?

Share:

0 comments